How to Apply
We provide up to 25 exceptional business students per year with unique opportunities through a cohort-based program focused on leadership development. You will:
- Earn a “Coles College Scholars” Minor to add to your transcript and your resume
- Develop foundational relationships and comradery with your Cohort
- Experience Community Engagement
- Address actual business challenges through specialized courses
- Distinguish yourself in today’s job market
We will begin taking applications for the next cohort of the Scholars Program at the end of the Fall Semester. So, what do you need to do to become a Coles College Scholar?
- Find the date of the next information session.
- Find 2 people to write letters of recommendation for your application (at least one KSU professor/instructor).
- Write an essay on the provided subject to submit with your application.
- Submit your application online at ColesCollege.com/Scholars.
- The deadline to apply is February 13, 2023.
- The top applicants will be selected for in-person interviews.
- 1-2 rounds of interviews with the Scholars Committee are conducted
- Final selections are made to determine the next Cohort of Scholars.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher overall and in Coles College lower division GPA requirement
- Admittance into the Coles College Professional Program
- Available for a 2-year commitment to complete the program
- Maintaining an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher throughout the program
- Adherence to the requirements and expectations in the Coles College Scholars Handbook
Applications for the 2023 Cohort will be open starting in December 1, 2022.
Questions? Contact Us!