Coles Research Highlights
Coles Research Highlights
This webpage is designed to share research accomplishments by Coles College faculty during the academic year. This includes Coles College of Business annual research publication -- “Coles Research Magazine”.
Academic Year 2021-22
Coles Research Magazine
This magazine includes brief summaries of the outstanding research projects (both published and ongoing) by Coles College of Business research faculty. It also includes work they are involved with in their capacity as PhD student dissertation committee chairs and members.
Listed below are recipients of research awards instituted by Coles College such as Distinguished Scholarship Award, Distinguished Journal Publication Award, Best Working Paper Award, Community Engagement Award, to name a few.
Distinguished Scholarship Award
Financial Times Top 50 Journal Publication Awards
- Divesh Sharma for his paper “Do Alma Mater Ties Between the Auditor and Audit Committee Affect Audit Quality?” published in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Hong Qu for her paper “Earnings Forecasts and Price Efficiency after Earnings Realizations: Reduction in Information Asymmetry through Learning from Price” published in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Melih Madanoglu for his paper “Disparate Safety Enforcement: Curvilinear Effects, Mechanisms, and Boundary Conditions of Supervisor-Rated Leader–Member Exchange” published in Journal of Management
- Sina Golara for his paper “Are Dealers Still Relevant? How Dealer Service Quality Impacts Manufacturer Success” published in Production and Operations Management.
Distinguished Journal Publication Award
- Stacey R. Kessler for her paper “Workdays Are Not Created Equal: Job Satisfaction and Job Stressors Across the Workweek” published in Human Relations.
- Yifan Zhang for his paper “A Generalized Ordinal Finite Mixture Regression Model for Market Segmentation” published in International Journal of Research in Marketing.
Coles Working Paper Awards
- Hong Qu, Lucy F. Ackert, Dana R. Hermanson, and Velina K. Popova for their paper “The Joint Effect of Justification and Uncertainty on Real Earnings Management”, SPRING22-01, March 2022.
- James Tompkins for his paper “Why Do Bank Boards Have Risk Committees?”, FALL21-03, November 2021.
- Jomon A. Paul, Mona Sinha, and Justin D. Cochran for their paper “Development of Novel Critical Thinking Assessment Instruments”, FALL21-01, November 2021.
- Krishna Regmi for his paper “Stable Income, Stable Family”, FALL21-14, November 2021.
- Zhaoguo Zhan for his paper “Misspecification and Weak Identification in Asset Pricing”, SPRING22-02, March 2022.
Coles Working Paper Series Best Reviewer Award
Learn more about our Coles College Working Paper Series.
Attend A Seminar Series
Hear faculty discuss ongoing research in various fields.
Explore our Research
Our faculty lead innovative research across fields.