Rankings & Distinctions
Coles College is among the top 2 percent of business schools worldwide that maintain accreditation in both business and accounting by AACSB International, the world's largest accreditation association for business schools.
- Coles College is the third-largest business school in the state of Georgia, admitting
only juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Coles College's WebMBA program 21st in its 2019 listing of the Best Online
- Poets&Quants ranked Kennesaw State University's WebMBA program 26th in its 2019 list of Top Online MBA Programs, based on admissions standards, student experiences, and career outcomes.
- Online MBA Report ranked the Georgia WebMBA program 1st in Georgia its 2019 Online MBA rankings. The organization also ranked the program 9th in the South, 22nd among public colleges,
and 27th in the country.
- Coles is home to four of the top five most in-demand undergraduate majors (Finance, Accounting, Management, and Marketing), according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Billboard Magazine ranked the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business program as one of the Top 15 Music Business Education Programs in 2018.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Coles College's WebMBA program 19th in its 2018 listing of the Best Online
- The Executive MBA Program is ranked 1st in Georgia and 7th in the World by CEO Magazine in its 2018 Global Executive MBA rankings. The EMBA program was recognized as a Global Tier One EMBA program for the fourth year in a row.
- CyberDegrees.org ranked Kennesaw State University #1 in online cybersecurity degrees
in 2018. The ranking called out the BBA in Informaton Security and Assurance, and
the eDegree in Cybersecurity.
- Coles College's WebMBA Program is ranked #4 in Georgia by Online MBA Today, based
on tuition cost, accreditation, student base salaries, and prestige.
- CollegeChoice.net ranked Coles College's online BBA program 20th in its listing of
the country's most affordable online marketing programs.
- Military Times Magazine ranked Kennesaw State 6th in its feature 2018 Best for Vets: 10 Best Cybersecurity Programs.
- Poets & Quants ranked the Coles College of Business's Online MBA Program 6th on its
2018 list of the most affordable, highly-ranked programs in the country.
- Kennesaw State University is ranked 63rd in the world and third in Georgia for producing
accounting research published in 12 top accounting journals from 1990-present, according
to Brigham Young University’s 2017 Accounting Research Rankings. KSU is ranked19th in Accounting Information Systems research, 17th in Auditing,
and 11th in Accounting Education research. KSU is ranked #1 in Georgia for research
into Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, and Accounting Education Research.
- Three KSU School of Accountancy faculty are in the top 1,000 accounting researchers
overall, according to Brigham Young University's 2017 Accounting Research Rankings. Dr. Dana Hermanson is ranked 22nd worldwide in publishing in 12 top accounting journals from
1990-present. For research published during the last six years, Dr. Divesh Sharma
is 130th and Dr. Vineeta Sharma is 351st.
- Kennesaw State University is ranked 37th in the world for impact of entrepreneurship
research, according to a study published in the Journal of Small Business Management,
with former faculty member Dr. Joseph Astrachan ranked as the 25th top contributor to
entrepreneurial research in the world.
- Coles College is consistently recognized as a top business school by The Princeton
- Chief Executive Magazine recognized Coles College as a “Go-To Business School.”
- Coles College Doctor of Business Administration program is one of the few such doctoral programs of its kind in the world and is
one of 20 named a “premier DBA provider” in CEO Magazine’s global listings – ratings based on accreditation, quality of faculty, geography,
and international standing.
- Part-time MBA ranked 28th nationally in the U.S. News & World Report 2018 Best Graduate Schools edition.
- Coles College MBA ranked as a Top 50 Program in the Nation by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Several Coles business programs are highly ranked in CEO Magazine’s 2018 Global MBA Rankings.
- Executive MBA ranked #3 for teaming by BusinessWeek.
- Coles College of Business's Economics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis has renowned faculty & experiential options like a Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF), which recently placed 1st in the 2017 Southern Classic at the Atlanta Society of Finance and Investment Professionals,
- Ranked #5 best Undergraduate Sales Program across the nation, with a 98% placement rate. And named a “Top University Sales Program” by the Sales Education Foundation for 7 years.
- Ranked #2 out of 30 Best Online Bachelor’s in Cyber Security 2017 for Online Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Security and Assurance.
- National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security recognized KSU as
a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity for the years 2015-2021.
- Ranked #3 best Online Bachelor in Information Assurance & Security Degree Programs
- The Coles College Information Security Assurance Team got 2nd place in the 2016 Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (SECCDC).
- One of only four business schools in the South to win the USASBE’s National Model Entrepreneurship Program Award at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Home of the School of Accountancy, boasting one of the largest accounting programs in Georgia, and KSU is the only
college and university in Georgia that is recognized at the institute of Internal
Auditor’s Comprehensive Level.
- Home of the Women’s Leadership Center, uniquely dedicated to developing innovative research, fostering community engagement,
and providing education programs for female students and professionals.
- The Coles College Online MBA tied for 25th place nationally in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans” rankings. Coles College online MBA is self-paced, competitively priced, carries AACSB accreditation, and is certified for the GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program.