School of Business Rankings & Distinctions
Coles College is among the top 2 percent of business schools worldwide that maintain accreditation in both business and accounting by AACSB International, the world's largest accreditation association for business schools.
- Coles College is the second-largest business school in the state of Georgia, admitting
only juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Fortune Magazine ranked the Coles College 23rd in its inaugural listing of the Best Online MBA Programs in 2021.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Kennesaw State 18th on it's 2021 list of the Best Online Bachelor's of Business.
- The Princeton Review ranked the Coles College MBA program No. 29 in its list of the
Top 50 Online MBA Programs.
- Best Value Schools ranked the Master of Science in Information Systems the #4 in its
15 Best Master's Degrees in Management Information Systems in 2021.
- Kennesaw State University was ranked the #10 Best Online Business Degree in Sales by Study.com.
- College Consensus ranked Kennesaw State's PhD in Business Administration No. 20 in
its Best PhD in Business Administration 2021 listing. The ranking is based on aggregate reviews featured in US News and World
Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, and CEO Magazine.
- Best Value Schools ranked the Coles College 5th in its Top 50 Cybersecurity Degree Programs listing.
- The Coles College is ranked 7th in Best Value School's feature, Top 40 Online Business Bachelor's Degrees.
- For the third year in a row, Billboard Magazine named the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment
- Master Degree Guide ranked the Coles College Master of Science in Information Systems
No. 13 in its Best Online MIS Degrees feature.
- The BBA in Marketing was ranked no. 6 in OnlineU's 2020 Listing of the Most Affordable Online Marketing Bachelor's Degrees.
- QS World University Rankings listed Kennesaw State's WebMBA no. 37 in its 2020 listing
of Top Online MBA Programs.
- For the fourth straight year, Kennesaw State University’s Executive MBA program was
ranked first in Georgia in CEO Magazine’s 2020 Global Executive MBA Rankings. The program also ranked #3 in the nation. CEO Magaine has also designated the EMBA
program as a Global Tier One program for six years in a row.
- Kennesaw State University is ranked 61st in the world and 2nd in Georgia for producing
accounting research published in 12 top accounting journals from 1990-present, according
to Brigham Young University’s 2019 Accounting Research Rankings. KSU is ranked 6th in the world for Accounting Education research, 18th in the world
for auditing research, and 24th in overall breadth of accounting research. Dana Hermanson
is the 18th most-published accounting researcher in the world.
- The Coles College Executive MBA Program ranked 21st the Southeast in Ivy Exec's 2020 Best Executive MBA Programs.
- MBA Central ranked the Coles College WebMBA as the third best Online MBA in Georgiabased on affordability,
support services, and quality of classes.
- CyberDegrees.org ranked Kennesaw State University #1 in online cybersecurity degrees in 2019. The
ranking called out the BBA in Information Security and Assurance, and the eDegree
in Cybersecurity, along with programs offered by the College of Computing and Software
- Kennesaw State University was ranked 14th in the U.S. in Intelligent.com's 2020 Best Online Cybersecurity Degrees.
- The Coles College WebMBA is ranked 23rd in the world by QS World University Rankings
in its 2019 Online MBA Rankings.
- Kennesaw State was recognized as a Top University Sales Program by the Sales Education Foundation for the 13th year in a row in 2019.
- The part-time MBA program was ranked 81st in U.S. News and World Report's 2020 Best Grad School rankings.
- Kennesaw State ranked 36th in Best College's list of 2019's Best Accredited Online College & Universities. The report cited Coles College's online BBA programs and the online cybersecurity
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Coles College's WebMBA program 21st in its 2019 listing of the Best Online
- Poets&Quants ranked Kennesaw State University's WebMBA program 26th in its 2019 list of Top Online MBA Programs, based on admissions standards, student experiences, and career outcomes.
- The Coles College Executive MBA Program ranked 17th the Southeast in Ivy Exec's 2019 Best Executive MBA Programs.
- Online MBA Report ranked the Georgia WebMBA program 1st in Georgia its 2019 Online MBA rankings. The organization also ranked the program 9th in the South, 22nd among public colleges,
and 27th in the country.
- The Coles College WebMBA ranked 73rd in BusinessStudent.com's Top 100 Online MBA Programs for 2019. The rankings are based on tution, accreditation, acceptance rate, student support,
- OnlineU ranked Kennesaw State #7 in its 2019 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Marketing Degrees listing.
- Coles is home to four of the top five most in-demand undergraduate majors (Finance, Accounting, Management, and Marketing), according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Billboard Magazine ranked the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business program as one of the Top 15 Music Business Education Programs in 2018.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Coles College's WebMBA program 19th in its 2018 listing of the Best Online
- The Executive MBA Program is ranked 1st in Georgia and 7th in the World by CEO Magazine in its 2019 Global Executive MBA rankings. The EMBA program was recognized as a Global Tier One EMBA program for the fifth year in a row.
- CyberDegrees.org ranked Kennesaw State University #1 in online cybersecurity degrees
in 2018. The ranking called out the BBA in Information Security and Assurance, and
the eDegree in Cybersecurity.
- Coles College's WebMBA Program is ranked #4 in Georgia by Online MBA Today, based
on tuition cost, accreditation, student base salaries, and prestige.
- CollegeChoice.net ranked Coles College's online BBA program 20th in its listing of
the country's most affordable online marketing programs.
- Military Times Magazine ranked Kennesaw State 6th in its feature 2018 Best for Vets: 10 Best Cybersecurity Programs.
- Poets & Quants ranked the Coles College of Business's Online MBA Program 6th on its
2018 list of the most affordable, highly-ranked programs in the country.
- Kennesaw State University is ranked 63rd in the world and third in Georgia for producing
accounting research published in 12 top accounting journals from 1990-present, according
to Brigham Young University’s 2017 Accounting Research Rankings. KSU is ranked19th in Accounting Information Systems research, 17th in Auditing,
and 11th in Accounting Education research. KSU is ranked #1 in Georgia for research
into Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, and Accounting Education Research.
- Three KSU School of Accountancy faculty are in the top 1,000 accounting researchers
overall, according to Brigham Young University's 2017 Accounting Research Rankings. Dr. Dana Hermanson is ranked 22nd worldwide in publishing in 12 top accounting journals from
1990-present. For research published during the last six years, Dr. Divesh Sharma
is 130th and Dr. Vineeta Sharma is 351st.
- Kennesaw State University is ranked 37th in the world for impact of entrepreneurship
research, according to a study published in the Journal of Small Business Management,
with former faculty member Dr. Joseph Astrachan ranked as the 25th top contributor to
entrepreneurial research in the world.
- Coles College is consistently recognized as a top business school by The Princeton
- Chief Executive Magazine recognized Coles College as a “Go-To Business School.”
- Coles College Doctor of Business Administration program is one of the few such doctoral programs of its kind in the world and is
one of 20 named a “premier DBA provider” in CEO Magazine’s global listings – ratings based on accreditation, quality of faculty, geography,
and international standing.
- Part-time MBA ranked 28th nationally in the U.S. News & World Report 2018 Best Graduate Schools edition.
- Coles College MBA ranked as a Top 50 Program in the Nation by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Several Coles business programs are highly ranked in CEO Magazine’s 2018 Global MBA Rankings.
- Executive MBA ranked #3 for teaming by BusinessWeek.
- Coles College of Business's Economics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis has renowned faculty & experiential options like a Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF), which recently placed 1st in the 2017 Southern Classic at the Atlanta Society of Finance and Investment Professionals,
- Ranked #5 best Undergraduate Sales Program across the nation, with a 98% placement rate.
- Ranked #2 out of 30 Best Online Bachelor’s in Cyber Security 2017 for Online Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Security and Assurance.
- Ranked #3 best Online Bachelor in Information Assurance & Security Degree Programs
- One of only four business schools in the South to win the USASBE’s National Model Entrepreneurship Program Award at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Home of the School of Accountancy, boasting one of the largest accounting programs in Georgia, and KSU is the only
college and university in Georgia that is recognized at the institute of Internal
Auditor’s Comprehensive Level.
- The Coles College Online MBA tied for 25th place nationally in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans” rankings. Coles College online MBA is self-paced, competitively priced, carries AACSB accreditation, and is certified for the GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program.