Is the PhD in Business Administration from Coles right for you?
The PhD in Business Administration is a major developmental step towards helping individuals achieve their long-term goals. The Program admits individuals with significant professional experience in their area of expertise and, through a unique combination of interdisciplinary courses, seminars, and directed studies, develops in them research skills that meet AACSB standards for scholarly academic faculty status. Given the high standards of the Program, the admission process is highly competitive and designed to identify applicants with the background and experience necessary to complete the requirements of a rigorous doctoral degree program. The following criteria should help individuals determine their readiness to pursue and successfully complete the PhD in Business Administration at the Coles College of Business.
- Significant professional experience and training
- Evidence of intellectual ability and achievement—quality and rigor of previous educational experience
- Evidence of intellectual curiosity indicated by frequent personal and professional development efforts (e.g., CPA, SPHR, PMP, etc.)
- Personal assessment of “fit” with Program objectives and structure
- Quality and depth of research interest overview produced after attending the research workshop