List of Coles College Events Impacted by Online Learning
KENNESAW, Ga. (Mar 24, 2020) — Following the University System of Georgia’s announcement on Monday, March 16 that instruction will remain exclusively online at all USG institutions for the duration of the Spring 2020 semester, the Michael J. Coles College of Business is cancelling or postponing on-campus events. A select few events will still occur, but will be offered online.
See a listing of canceled/postponed events below. This is not a comprehensive list. The College will update the information on this page as more details become available. If you do not see your event here, please check with the organizer to determine its status.
- All remaining Spring 2020 events in the All-Access Business Series have been canceled. The series will return in the fall.
- The March 20 and April 17 Beta Alpha Psi meeting swill be a virtual meetings.
- MBA Program Information Sessions for March 25, March 26, and April 15 have been cancelled.
- While The National Collegiate Sales Competition will still be held March 27-30, the competition is going virtual. Please check the
NCSC homepage for details on this year’s event.
- Cybersecurity conference B-Sides Atlanta – scheduled for March 30 – will be a virtual
event. As a result, some of the sessions, including the Net King of the Hill Capture
the Flag, will be canceled.
- The Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition has been rescheduled for April 8-9 and will also be an online event with individually
- The Information Systems Department Speaker Series event with Jason Li of McKesson, Brandy Griffin of Avalon Cyber, and Juan Villarreal
of Booz-Allen on April 8 has been canceled.
- An April 13 IS Speaker Series event with Brandy Griffin of Avalon Cyber,Juan Villarreal of Booz-Allen, and Calvin Nobles, will be a virtual event. Learn More.
- The Tetley Distinguished Leader Lecture Series event with Nadia Theodore, the consul general of Canada in Atlanta, originally scheduled
for April 16 has been postponed until Fall 2020. No date has yet been determined.
- The School of Accountancy Honors Banquet scheduled for April 18 has been canceled.
- Beta Alpha Psi's Annual Banquet on April 18 has been canceled.
- The MBA Program information sessions on April 14, April 23, April 30, May 6, May 14, May 19, and May 20 have transitioned
to virtual sessions.
- A meeting of the SOA Advisory Board originally schedueld for May 12 has been canceled.
- The Master of Accounting Program Alumni Social on May 20 has been canceled.
- Both remaining Spring 2020 presentations in the Coles College Research Seminar Series have been canceled.