Lead and excel with a Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS). This professional graduate degree focuses on challenges that are relevant to professionals in the IS field today, including data mining for business intelligence, data driven business decision making, IS ethics, policy and strategy, IS project portfolio management, IT integration of functional systems across companies, end to end security of information systems, and global IS management.
Through the MSIS program, you learn to develop business and technology solutions with practical applications like data driven CRM—solutions that you can implement immediately in your current organization and that will expand your capabilities in future roles.
The KSU MSIS program is offered as a fully online program in which admitted students can take up to two courses per 7-week term (7A and 7B). There are two terms per long semester (fall & spring) and one term during the summers. This degree can be completed in as little as 12 months.
In this 100% online program, the courses give you the technical expertise and business perspective to lead within a global IT organization. We ask that students start with IS 7005: Informatics in their first term, then continue working through the program requirements.
Program of Study
Required Courses (30 Credit Hours)
- IS 7005:Informatics
- IS 7060:Information Systems Development Methods and Technologies
- IS 7080:Database Application Design and Implementation
- IS 7100:Advanced IT Project Management
- IS 7200:Legal and Ethical Issues in Information Systems
- IS 7310:Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
- IS 7320:Information Security Technologies
- IS 7330:Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
- IS 7920:IT Customer Relationship Management
- IS 7935:Business Intelligence - Traditional and Big Data Analysis
Program Total (30 Credit Hours)
Further program requirements can be viewed in the KSU Graduate Catalog.
Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate will introduce students to a set of methodologies, processes and technologies that transform data into useful insights that inform business decisions.
The Graduate Certificate in Information Security and Assurance is designed for both technology and non-technology graduate students.
Both certificates may be earned online with a few additional courses.