MBA Application Process
Important Dates and Deadlines
ALL admissions documentation must be submitted by:
- April 1, 2020, for students intending to start the program in summer 2020 (on-campus program only).
- July 1, 2020, for students intending to start the program in fall 2020 (on-campus or WebMBA).
- November 1, 2020, for students intending to start the program in spring 2021 (on-campus or WebMBA).
Our applicants come from diverse educational, demographic and work experience backgrounds, and all possess a commitment to developing their business knowledge, leadership and professional skills. MBA candidates do not need an undergraduate degree in business, but must possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Admission to the KSU MBA program is based on a competitive evaluation of the pooled applicants using the following:
- Professional Work Experience (two years of this experience is mandatory for WebMBA admission)
- Official Transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities Attended
- GMAT Test Score (or GMAT Alternative Evaluation)
Additional information may be requested to provide a more complete understanding of your candidacy.
GMAT Alternative Evaluation
Applicants may request to be evaluated for admission without the GMAT* based on meeting one of the criteria shown below. Note that the final decision on the alternative is at the discretion of KSU’s MBA program administration, thus meeting one (or more) of these criteria does not always guarantee an alternative will be granted:
- The applicant has already earned a graduate degree from an institution regionally accredited at the time of degree conferral, or its equivalent in the case of students applying with an international education background.
- The applicant has at least five years of full-time professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in leadership, management, personnel supervision, financial management, information technology or data analysis.
- The applicant has at least three years of full-time professional experience with a 3.25 undergraduate GPA.**
- The applicant has a 3.5 undergraduate GPA** in a business degree from Kennesaw State University or another AACSB accredited institution, or in an ABET accredited engineering degree from a regionally accredited institution.
*The KSU MBA program will accept GRE scores, but a GMAT score is highly recommended. If at any point before classes begin you enroll in the KSU MBA program you submit an official GMAT or GRE score to KSU, any test alternative granted will no longer be valid. The submitted GMAT or GRE score will then be used for your admissions decision.
**The KSU MBA program will use your undergraduate institutional GPA from where you earned a bachelor’s degree or the GPA from the final 60 undergraduate credit hours leading to your degree (whichever is higher) for the GMAT alternative and admissions decision.
If you would like to be considered for the test alternative, please check the corresponding box on your application for admission. Once your paid application, all official transcripts, and your resume have been received, a decision will be made regarding your request for the GMAT alternative. We will communicate with you if a GMAT score is necessary for us to consider your candidacy.
NOTE: To be considered for admission to a KSU graduate program, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate College.
If you work in the University System of Georgia and are planning to use TAP to pay for the WebMBA, or if you are a senior citizen wanting to use the senior citizen tuition waiver for the WebMBA, please notify us of this at KSUMBA@kennesaw.edu prior to applying.KSUMBA@Kennesaw.edu.