Applying to the MBA Programs at KSU
Our applicants come from a diverse background and all possess a commitment to developing their business knowledge, leadership and professional skills. MBA candidates do not need an undergraduate degree in business, but must posses a bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
Admission to the Coles MBA program is competitive and based upon an evaluation of the following:
- Professional Work Experience
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT scores*
*GMAT alternatives can be considered for applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- The applicant has an advanced degree (master’s, specialist, or doctorate) from a regionally accredited institution.
- The applicant has at least 10 years of post-undergraduate, full-time professional experience with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- The applicant has at least five years of post-undergraduate, full-time professional experience with a 3.25 undergraduate GPA.
If you meet one of the above criteria and would like to be considered for the test alternative, please check the corresponding box on your application for admission. Once your application has been paid for and all other official admissions documentation has been received, a decision will be made regarding your request for the alternative. This decision will be communicated to you in a timely manner.
*Note that if you are granted a GMAT alternative and still submit a GMAT score, the alternative is then void and the GMAT score will be used for admissions consideration.
Important Dates and Deadlines
For your term of interest, ALL admissions documentation must be submitted by:
- November 1, 2018, for students intending to start the program in Spring 2019 (on-campus and WebMBA)
- April 1, 2019, for students intending to start the program in Summer 2019 (on-campus program only)
- July 1, 2019, for students intending to start the program in Fall 2019 (on-campus and WebMBA)