The Department of Marketing & Professional Sales at Kennesaw State University’s Professional Mentoring Program
About the Program
A collegiate education in marketing involves much more than merely helping students to become adept at addressing marketing issues in businesses and organizations. A collegiate education involves working with students in every facet of their preparation to become successful – students need to be prepared to make meaningful positive change to aid businesses/organizations and society itself through challenging, rewarding careers. To prosper in tomorrow’s economy and to produce positive contributions, students must not only know their subject and know how to successfully apply it, they must be knowledgeable of the marketplace and how to build appropriate networking and career connections. Although the Hughes Program and other opportunities, such as internships and co-ops, contribute to building these connections, a Professional Mentor has the ability to provide a role model and be able to share one-on-one with students to help them build and master networking skills and making important connections.
Goals of the Program
- Develop confident students with leadership, teamwork, and critical creative thinking skills through the coaching and feedback from a Professional Mentor.
- Supply students with a means to explore their chosen career field and to identify the requirements for success.
- Provide a point-of-contact with whom student can discuss their career goals and to develop a roadmap of how to reach them.
- Equip students with the skills to network and build connections with business and organizational leaders.
- Build connections between classroom learning and the world post-graduation.
The Department of Marketing & Professional Sales would like to thank Sarah Mock of Cincinnati OH for her ideas and input into the structure of this program.
The Chair of the Department of Marketing & Professional Sales at MarketingMentoringProgram@kennesaw.edu.