2022 Hospitality Magazine
In our quest to develop enterprising hospitality business leaders, we established the program’s mission, which serves as the beacon for its vision, outcomes, goals, curriculum, and positioning. Our student-centered mission focuses on developing ethical leaders who will create positive change in their organizations, while optimizing organizational resources. We envision our program as the leading source of hospitality leadership talent in the Southeastern United States within five years.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to be effective leaders in the world’s most vibrant and dynamic industry. Students earn an AACSB-accredited business degree that prepares them for rewarding careers in a variety of disciplines, functions and fields including revenue management, distribution channel management, sales and marketing, franchise sales, hospitality operations management, service management, hospitality accounting and financial management, business development, consulting and hospitality human resources management. Students are prepared for international careers and graduates are afforded the opportunity to travel and learn about different cultures while pursuing career opportunities.
Graduates of the Hospitality Management program are prepared to lead and have positive impacts in the industry’s diverse range of sectors including international hotel chains, independent hotels, consultancies and other industry sectors.
Graduates of the Bachelor’s in Business Administration in hospitality management can accomplish the following:
- Formulate and recommend business decisions based on hospitality industry data analytics and industry trends.
- Develop hospitality revenue management and pricing strategies to optimize revenue and increase stakeholder value.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and managerial skills that foster high performance hospitality work environments.
- Incorporate legal, ethical and sustainability principles into all aspects of hospitality operations and management.
- Design and implement innovative strategies to evaluate and improve service quality and operational performance within hospitality organizations.