Education for Professional Advisors
APPI: Advice, Profession, Practice, Impact
Transform yourself and your advising practice
Are you in the family enterprise advising field and are looking to transform the way you interact with your clients?
Perhaps you’ve been advising family enterprises for years but are interested in becoming committed to your continuous growth. With the APPI program, we can help you transform your interactions, rethink your practice, and turbocharge your impact with clients.
The APPI program by the Cox Family Enterprise Center, in collaboration with Activ8, is an interdisciplinary education embedded in peer groups designed for professionals in family enterprise advising. This program is explicitly targeted for advisors focused on a growth mindset for themselves and their businesses in 2021 and beyond.
Why Choose APPI?
Whether you are an accountant, lawyer, wealth management advisor, private banker, insurance professional, internal advisor to a family enterprise, family office executive, family therapist, executive, coach, business consultant, or a member of an enterprising family, this is the program for you.
- Rethink your practice and strategically differentiate yourself
- Define yourself amongst family enterprises as a leader and a visionary
- Get immediate feedback and discussion of your cases in a team and with the supervision of experts
- Connect with a more extensive network of like - minded and motivated advisors in your community, with an interdisciplinary approach
- Create deeper personal accountability - to intentionally gain a more profound understanding of yourself and those you work wit
- Stay up to date on new and relevant insights in family enterprise and its advising
- Enjoy its convenient schedule - With our new online format, you can take advantage of the program no matter where you may be: no idle time, no traffic, no travel time!
Give us a few hours of your time each month and walk away with an impact on yourself, your practice, and the families you serve!
Structure and Delivery Methods
Online Synchronous Education Sessions (120 minutes, one Thursday/Friday each month) in subjects such as:
- New Knowledge Creation, Integration and Implementation about the Clients, and your
role Family Enterprise and Family Office
- Understanding the Infinite Game vs. Succession Planning
- Strategy, Governance, & Ownership
- Life Cycles
- Family Dynamics
- Stress effects on individuals and families
- Skill Building Listening, communicating, and interacting with the client
- System thinking
- Conflict management
- Crafting and delivering the most useful advice
- Responding vs. Reacting
- Trust building
- Creating alignment and attunement for you and your clients
- Personal And Professional Development Put In A Road Map Assess and enhance your Emotional
- Master centering
- Reach clarity
- Manage Biases, Triggers, and Needs
- Define Beliefs and Values
- Practical Knowledge and Skills Application Put your learning into practice, while
sharing interdisciplinary perspectives, and the opportunity of experimenting with
new knowledge in between sessions
- One-on-one coaching with faculty at the Center (10 hours to use when and how you choose, over the full year)
- New Knowledge Creation, Integration and Implementation about the Clients, and your role Family Enterprise and Family Office
Program Dates Structure and Delivery Methods
Thursday 3:00 – 5:00 PM EST
Friday 9:00 – 11:00 AM EST
September 30-October 1
For more information contact us at CFEC@kennesaw.edu, or 470-578-6045.