Business majors must apply for and be accepted to the Coles College Undergraduate Professional Program in order to graduate with a BBA degree - a Bachelor of Business Administration. The Coles BBA requires 123 semester hours. You apply for this program during or after your sophomore year. Admission to the program gives you access to upper division-business courses needed to complete your BBA degree, as well as professional and career development opportunities.
Before Applying to the Coles College Professional Program:
- Gain admission to KSU.
- Declare a business major under the “Student Records” tab in Owl Express.
- Meet with a Coles College academic advisor.
- Successfully complete BUSA 2150: Discovering My Major and Career.
- Satisfactorily complete the Coles Sophomore GPA Requirement.
- Complete 45 credit hours including most of the KSU General Education Requirements.
- Register with the KSU Career Center.
Students must complete the following 8 courses with a GPA of 3.00 or higher, including a grade of C or better in each course:
- MATH 1160 Elementary Applied Calculus (or approved higher Calculus course)
- ACCT 2100 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2200 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ECON 2100 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 2200 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2300 Business Statistics
- IS 2200 Information Systems & Communication
- BLAW 2200 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
BUSA 2150: Discovering My Major and Career is the first course in our unique Hughes Leadership & Career Program. You must complete it with a grade of “S”.
The application process is online for all students except those who formerly attended SPSU. (The online system will not recognize some of the SPSU course numbers.)
- Login to Owl Express.
- Go to the “Student Services” tab.
- Select “Coles College of Business Application Form”.
- Complete the requested information.
- The system automatically pulls your grades for the Coles Sophomore GPA Requirement courses and BUSA 2150. You will not be able to submit the form until those grades are shown as official in the KSU system.
Process for Former SPSU Students Only:
- Download the application form (PDF)
- Complete a hard copy.
- Meet with a Coles academic advisor in the Business Undergraduate Advising Center (BB 431) to submit your application.
- Your application will not be processed until your grades for the Sophomore GPA Requirement courses and BUSA 2150 are shown as official in the KSU system.
If you have any questions or problems with the application process, see a Coles academic advisor in the Business Undergraduate Advising Center (BB 431).