Faculty & Staff
Hope BakerHope Baker Associate Dean for Assessment and Undergraduate Programs and Professor of Decision Sciences
Stacy CampbellStacy Campbell Executive Director of Coles Scholars Program and Professor of Management
Justin CochranJustin Cochran Director of Coles Online BBA Program and Associate Professor of Information Systems
Ellen CrossEllen Cross Senior Lecturer of Management
Stuart NapshinStuart Napshin Associate Professor of Management
Gary SeldenGary Selden Professor of Marketing
Anne WinnAnne Winn Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs
Phone: (470) 578-6971
Location: BB 486B
If you are you a looking for a way to distinguish yourself in today’s job market and want challenges that reach beyond the classroom and into the business world, then we want you!
We expect Scholars to uphold the core values of Accountability, Integrity, Stewardship, and Excellence as tenants for the Scholars program. Coles College Scholars strive for academic excellence and thrive off interaction with peers, Coles College faculty, and community leaders.
The mission of the Coles College of Business Scholars Program is to give our exceptional business students unique and challenging opportunities. These students are selected through a rigorous application and interview process that brings their skills and talents to the surface. The coordinated two-year program focuses on leadership development, integrated and international studies, community engagement, and mentorship.
What can the Scholars Program do for you?
We provide up to 25 exceptional business students per year with unique opportunities through a cohort-based program focused on leadership development. You will:
- Earn a “Coles College Scholars” Minor to add to your transcript and your resume
- Develop foundational relationships and comradery with your Cohort
- Experience Community Engagement
- Address actual business challenges through specialized courses
- Distinguish yourself in today’s job market
- Offsite kick off retreat
- Study-Abroad Trip
- Direct interaction with industry/business mentors
- Integration with the KSU Honors Program
Specialized and Unique Courses
Applied Leadership in Business
Students learn to leverage their individual strengths and the strengths of others through case-based scenarios, simulations, role plays, and assessments completed through hands-on leadership labs. Through interaction with business leaders, students will develop and apply insights to their personalized
Decisions and Critical Thinking
Using many small and large problem solving opportunities, students gain fundamental critical thinking skills and apply decision making methodologies and tools. There will be an emphasis on a wide variety of problems, including those that deal with uncertainty and equivocality, as well as factors that are measurable or hard to quantify.
International ImmersionStudents will participate in a multi-week global experience designed to immerse them in an
international business environment. Working as a team, students will address community problems in another country utilizing leadership, problem solving, and decision making by applying techniques learned in the Scholars Program.
Consulting and Change ManagementThis course will introduce students to both the processes (contracting, data gathering, and delivery) and the human interactions that underlie effective consulting engagements and change management efforts. The course will draw on a variety of resources, including guest speakers in the classroom and applied experiences at local firms. During these applied experiences, teams of students will engage and work with clients on current challenges.
Business IntelligenceThis course will walk students through the process of defining problems in business, developing hypotheses, determining appropriate data to test, collecting that data, and analyzing the information. There will be a focus on dealing with large data sources, planning business strategies for collecting data over time, and effectively sharing results.
We will begin taking applications for the next cohort of the Scholars Program at the end of the Fall Semester. So, what do you need to do to become a Coles College Scholar?
- Go to ColesCollege.com/Scholars to find the date of the next information session (Nov-Jan) - link
- Find 2 people to write letters of recommendation for your application.
- Write an essay on the provided subject to submit with your application.
- Submit your application online at ColesCollege.com/Scholars - link
- The deadline to apply is in the first week in February. See the application for this year & deadline.
- The top applicants will be selected for in-person interviews.
- 1-2 rounds of interviews with the Scholars Committee are conducted
- Final selections are made to determine the next Cohort of Scholars. '
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Available for a for a 2-year commitment
Click here to Apply- button that links directly to the Scholars ApplicationClick here to Apply
What we do in the Scholars Program helps to prepare future leaders in business, in the local community, and beyond. But, to do what we do, we need help. You can help us to provide life changing skills, expertise, and experience to talented students of all ages and from a variety of backgrounds.
Ways to Get Involved
There are a variety of ways that you can support the Coles College Scholars Program, including:
- Financial Support – comprehensive giving or select a component to support
- Sponsorship of/provide venues for planned experiences
- Identification of companies for consulting projects
- Mentorship of students
- Internships for Scholars
- Participation as guest speakers
If you are ready to learn more about making a contribution, contact us today!
Dr. Stacy Campbell, Executive Director of the Coles College Scholars Program