Coles Research Highlights
Coles Research Highlights
This webpage is designed to share research accomplishments by Coles College faculty during the academic year. This includes Coles College of Business annual research publication -- “Coles Research Magazine”.
Academic year 2017-18
Coles Research Magazine
This magazine includes brief summaries of the outstanding research projects (both published and ongoing) by Coles College of Business research faculty. It also includes work they are involved with in their capacity as DBA student dissertation committee chairs and members.
Listed below are recipients of research awards instituted by Coles College such as Distinguished Scholarship Award, Best Publication Award, Best Working Paper Award, Coles College Collaboration Award, to name a few.
Distinguished Scholarship Award
Elite Publication Award (Financial Times Top 50)
- Canan C. Mutlu for her paper "Corporate Governance in China: A Meta-Analysis" published in Journal of Management Studies.
- Jomon A. Paul, Benedikt Quosigk and Leo MacDonald for their paper "Factors Impacting Market Concentration of Not-for-Profit Hospitals" published in Journal of Business Ethics.
- Marcus Caylor for his paper "Analysts' Qualitative Statements and the Profitability of Favorable Investment Recommendations" published in Accounting, Organizations and Society.
- Susan L. Young for her paper "Stability Vs. Flexibility: The Effect of Regulatory Institutions on Opportunity Type " published in Journal of International Business Studies.
Outstanding Impact Publication Award
- Xuepeng Liu for his paper "Free Trade Agreements and the Consolidation of Democracy" published in American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics.
KSU Collaboration Award
Research Grant Award
- Adriane Randolph for her project "Modeling for the Enhancement of Learning Chemistry (Model-C): Measuring Cognitive Load & Impact of Modeling Activities Across the Chemistry Curriculum" supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
Summer Research Fellowship
- Xuepeng Liu for his project "Global Value Chain Participation and Trade Policies”.
Coles Working Paper Awards
- Velina Popova for her paper “How do Nonprofessional Investors Respond to Disclosure of Audit Quality Indicators?”, FALL17-03, November 2017.
- Canan C. Mutlu and Sunay Mutlu for their paper “Pick your Board Wisely: CEO Outside Board Directorships and Managerial Ability”, FALL17-04, November 2017.
- Rongbing Huang for his paper “The Puzzle of Frequent and Large Issues of Debt and Equity”, SPRING18-05, March 2018.
- Susan L. Young for her paper “The Effect of Social Norms on Sin Stock Performance”, SPRING18-06, March 2018.
- Xiao Huang for his paper “Local Composite Quantile Regression Smoothing: Flexible Data Structure and Cross-validation”, SPRING18-04, March 2018.
Coles Working Paper Series Best Reviewer Award
Learn more about our Coles College Working Paper Series.
Attend A Seminar Series
Hear faculty discuss ongoing research in various fields.
Explore our Research
Our faculty lead innovative research across fields.