Dr. Jomon A. Paul
Director of ResearchEconomics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis
- Ph.D. - University at Buffalo
- M.S. - University at Buffalo
- B.E. - MS University at Baroda
Burruss Building 318Certifications
- American Society of Quality Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Methodologies: Simulation Modeling, Statistical Modeling, Mixed Integer Programming,
Stochastic Programming, Large Scale Optimization and Lean Six Sigma
- Application Domains: Disaster Planning, Healthcare, Transportation and Pedagogy
- Operations Research
- Simulation Modeling and Analysis
- Decision Analysis
- Paul, J. A., MacDonald, L (2016). Location and Capacity Allocation Decisions to Mitigate
The Impacts of Unexpected Disasters. European Journal of Operational Research, 251(1):
- Paul, J. A., Wang, X. (2015). Robust optimization for United States Department of
Agriculture food aid bid allocations. Transportation Research Part E, 82, 129-146.
- Bagchi, A., Paul, J. A. (2014). Optimal Allocation of Resources in Airport Security:
Profiling vs. Screening. Operations Research, 62(2), 219-233.
- Paul, J. A., Leo, M. (2014). Models Using the Benefits of Cross Training Policies
to Tackle Nurse Shortage Crisis. International Journal of Production Economics, 150,
- Paul, J. A., Macdonald, L. (2013). Determination of number of dedicated ORs and supporting
pricing mechanisms for emergent surgeries. Journal of the Operational Research Society,
- Paul, J. A., Cochran, J. Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Impact
of Online Social Networking on Critical Thinking, Austin, TX (November 2016).
- Paul, J. A., Wang, X. Annual Meeting of the Institute for Operations Research and
the Management Sciences, Time-variant Adaptive Robust Optimization for Hurricane Preparedness,
2016 Nashville, TN (November 2016).
- Quosigk, B., Paul, J. A., MacDonald, L. American Accounting Association Annual Meeting
and Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting, An Evaluation of Not-For-Profit
Hospital Performance, New York, NY (August 2016).
- Ni, H., Paul, J. A., Bagchi, A. Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economics Association,
The Effect of the Certificate of Need Law on Inpatient Occupancy Rates, Evanston,
Illinois (April 2016).
- Bagchi, A., Paul, J., Second Conference on Validating Models of Adversary Behaviors,
Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY (August 2-5, 2015).
Awards and Honors
- 2016 KSU Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award - Business and Industry
- 2016 Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award
- 2015 Prize for Best Publication Optimal Allocation of Resources in Airport Security:
Profiling vs. Screening Operations Research, Vol. 62, Issue 2 (March) 2014, pp. 219-233.
- 2014 Finalist, Kennesaw State University Foundation Distinguished Research and Creative
- 2014 Coles College of Business T.P. Hall Outstanding Service Award
- 2013 Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences