Dr. Xuepeng Liu
ProfessorEconomics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis
- PhD - Syracuse University
- MA - Renmin University of China
- BA - Renmin University of China
- Trade & Development, Chinese Economy
- "Free Trade Agreements and Consolidation of Democracy" (with Emanuel Ornelas, London
School of Economics). American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics 6(2): 29-70, April
- "Tax Avoidance through Re-imports: The Case of Redundant Trade." Journal of Development
Economics 104: 152-164, 2013.
- "Evasion Behaviors of Exporters and Importers: Evidence from the U.S.-China Trade
Data Discrepancy" (with Michael Ferrantino & Zhi Wang, USITC). Journal of International
Economics 86(1): 141-157, 2012.
- "The Location Decisions of Foreign Investors in China: Untangling the Effect of Wages
Using A Control Function Approach." (with Mary Lovely & Jan Ondrich, Syracuse University).
The Review of Economics & Statistics 92(1): 160-166, 2010.
- "GATT/WTO Promotes Trade Strongly: Sample Selection Bias and Model Specification."
Review of International Economics 17(3): 428-446, 2009.
- CESifo Venice Summer Institute, Venice, Italy
- Global Value Chains Conference, Peterson Institute of International Economics, Washington
- China Summer Institute Conference, Tsinghua University
- NBER Conference on the Chinese Economy, NBER, Cambridge, MA
- WTO Economics Seminar, WTO, Geneva, Switzerland
Awards and Honors
- Best Service Award, Chinese Economists Society (North America)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, China Economic Review
- Outstanding Publication Prize, Coles College of Business, KSU
- Distinguished Award in Research, Coles College of Business, KSU
- Incentive Fund for Scholarship, Kennesaw State University KSU
Additional information: http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~xliu6/