Dr. Dennis Chambers
- PhD - University of Texas at Austin
- MBA - University of California, Irvine
- BA - Westmont College
- I teach courses in financial reporting including Intermediate Accounting and Financial
- I ask research questions dealing with capital market effects of accounting information.
My papers have dealt with R&D accounting
- Comprehensive Income reporting
- Are You Prepared for the Looming Changes in Lease Accounting?
- Future Non-Audit Service Fees and Audit Quality
- Comprehensive Income Reporting: FASB Decides Location Matters
- Goodwill Non-Impairments: Evidence from Recent Research and Suggestions for Auditors
- Discussion of "Is R&D Mispriced or Properly Risk-Adjusted?"
- Coles College Seminar Series - The Use and Usefulness of Accrual and Cash Flow Associated
- AAA Annual Meeting - Does the Combination of the Auditor’s Opportunity to Sell Additional
Non-Audit Services, and the Client’s Willingness to Buy Future Services, Result in
Reduced Audit Quality?
- AAA Annual Meeting - Earnings Management by Avoiding or Reducing Goodwill Impairments
Awards and Honors
- 2012 Award for Excellence - Highly Commended Paper Award - My paper with Jeff Payne
titled "Audit quality and accrual persistence: Evidence from the Pre and Post-Sarbanes-Oxley
Periods” published in Managerial Auditing Journal in 2011 has been chosen as a Highly
Commended Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012. - April
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year - Outstanding teacher in the College of Business for
the academic year 2004-05 - May