Department of Economics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis
Research & Teaching Areas
- Health Care Systems and Economics
- Individual Investor Behavior
- Decision Models and Economics
- Economic Development
- Retirement and Pensions
- Council for Quality Growth
- World Bank
- CDC Foundation
- West Virginia University
- SUNY- Buffalo
Professional Experience, Leadership & Service
- Chair, Dept. of Economics, Finance and Quant. Analysis
- Associate Director, Econometric Center
- Advisory Board, Wellstar Institute for Better Health
- Advisory Board, American Diabetes Association- Atlanta &North Georgia
Chapman, K., Dow, J., and Hariharan, G., 2005 "Changes in Stock Holding Behavior: Evidence from Household Data" Financial Research Letters 2(2) 89-96. Winner of Ross Best Paper Award.
Hariharan, G., Chapman, K., and Domian, D., 2000, "Risk Tolerance and Asset Allocation for Investors Nearing Retirement" Financial Services Review, 8(3. Top Ten Most Cited Paper.
Chapman, K., and Hariharan, G., 1994, "Controlling for Causality in the Link from Income to Mortality," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 8(1), 85-93. Reprinted in Mortality Costs of Regulatory Expenditures, and Classics in Risk Management (edited by Kip Viscusi). Cited in Regulatory Program of the US Government, 1993, and countless citations in regulatory and health economics, environmental economics and law.