Coles Research Highlights
This webpage is designed to share research accomplishments by Coles College faculty
during the academic year. This includes Coles College of Business annual research
publication -- “Coles Research Magazine”.
Academic year 2016-17
Coles Research Magazine
This magazine includes brief summaries of the outstanding research projects (both
published and ongoing) by Coles College of Business research faculty. It also includes
work they are involved with in their capacity as DBA student dissertation committee
chairs and members.
View the 2017 Coles Research Magazine
View the 2016 Coles Research Magazine
View the 2015 Coles Research Magazine
Listed below are recipients of research awards instituted by Coles College such as
Distinguished Scholarship Award, Best Publication Award, Best Working Paper Award, Coles College Collaboration Award,
to name a few.
Distinguished Scholarship Award
Best Publication Award
- Dana R. Hermanson, Richard Clune and James Tompkins for their paper, "The Nominating Committee Process: A Qualitative Examination of
Board Independence and Formalization" published in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Rongbing Huang for his paper, "Private Equity Firms' Reputational Concerns and the Cost of Debt
Financing" published in Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Kamal Fatehi for his paper, "Mindscapes and Individual Heterogeneity Within and between Cultures"
published in Journal of Business Research.
Coles College Collaboration Award
KSU Collaboration Award
Business Engagement Award
Coles Working Paper Awards
- Canan Mutlu for her paper “Agency Theory and Corporate Governance in China: A Meta-analysis”,
Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-10, November 2016.
- Jennifer Schafer and Brad Schafer for their paper “Interpersonal Affect, Accountability and Experience in Auditor Fraud
Risk Judgments and the Processing of Fraud Cues”, Coles Working Paper Series, SPRING17-04,
- Minjiao Zhang for her paper “Multiechelon Lot Sizing with Intermediate Demands and Production Capacity”,
Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-02, November 2016.
- Sunay Mutlu for his paper “Analysts’ Revenue Forecasts and Discretionary Revenues”, Coles Working
Paper Series, FALL16-13, November 2016.
- Zhaoguo Zhan for his paper “Robust Inference in Fuzzy Regression Discontinuity with Multiple Forcing
Variables”, Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-08, November 2016.
Coles Working Paper Series Best Reviewer Award
View the Recipients of 2014-2015 Research Awards
View the Recipients of 2015-2016 Research Awards