Coles Research Highlights
This new webpage is designed to share research accomplishments by Coles College faculty
during the academic year. This includes Coles College of Business annual research
publication -- “Coles Research Magazine”.
This magazine includes brief summaries of the outstanding research projects (both
published and ongoing) by Coles College of Business research faculty. It also includes
work they are involved with in their capacity as DBA student dissertation committee
chairs and members.
View the 2016 Coles Research Magazine
View the 2015 Coles Research Magazine
Listed below are recipients of research awards instituted by Coles College such as
Distinguished Scholarship Award, Best Publication Award, Best Working Paper Award, Coles College Collaboration Award,
to name a few.
Distinguished Scholarship Award
Applied Research Award
Best Publication Award
- Dennis Chambers for his paper, "Future non-audit service fees and audit quality" published in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Jomon Aliyas Paul and Leo MacDonald and for their paper, "Modeling the benefits of cross-training to address the nursing
shortage" published in International Journal of Production Economics.
- Gabriel Ramirez for his paper, "An empirical investigation of corporate bond clawbacks (IPOCs): debt
renegotiation versus exercising the clawback option" published in the Journal of Corporate Finance.
Coles College Collaboration Award
KSU Collaboration Award
Business Engagement Award
Coles Working Paper Awards
- Divesh Sharma for his paper “Major Customer Reliance and Big 4 Auditor Going Concern Decisions”.
Coles Working Paper Series, FALL15-06, October 2015.
- Jennifer Schafer for her paper “How Government Spending Impacts Tax Compliance”. Coles Working Paper
Series, FALL15-01, October 2015.
- Jomon Aliyas Paul, Benedikt Quosigk and Leo MacDonald for their paper “Determinants of Operational and Financial performance and Market
Concentration for Not-For-Profit Hospitals”. Coles Working Paper Series, SPRING16-05,
- Lee Macenczak, Amy Henley and Stacy Campbell for their paper “The Development of Middle Managers' Justice Perceptions”. Coles
Working Paper Series, SPRING16-04, March 2016.
- Rajaram Veliyath for his paper “Primary and Secondary Agency conflicts in Family Firms: An Empirical
Investigation”. Coles Working Paper Series, SPRING16-03, March 2016.
Coles Working Paper Series Best Reviewer Award
View the Recipients of 2014-2015 Research Awards