Small Business Development Center
The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center at Kennesaw State University
(UGA SBDC at KSU) is part of the partnership program between Kennesaw State University, the University of Georgia, and the U.S. Small Business Administration. These organizations work together to benefit small businesses in Georgia.
By supporting business growth, sustainability, and enhancing the creation of new businesses,
SBDCs foster local and regional economic development through job creation and retention.
Over the past five years, Georgia’s SBDCs have helped clients create nearly seven
times more jobs than the average Georgia business, with a 29.6 percent increase in
sales growth at the same time.
Although the UGA - SBDC at Kennesaw State primarily provides assistance to small businesses
in Cobb and Cherokee counties, our services are available to all small business owners
across the state of Georgia. Currently, we are one of the most active Small Business
Development Centers in the state and are connected to the more than 950 SBDC offices
throughout the country.
Small Business Development Center Facts
- We were awarded the 2014 Regional Small Business Development Center Excellence in
Innovation Award by the U.S. Small Business Administration
- In 2013, The Georgia SBDC network helped small business owners obtain over $155,000,000
in capital infusion
- We are one of 17 Small Business Development Centers in the state of Georgia
- The UGA - SBDC at Kennesaw State offers free, confidential business consulting services
to companies seeking operational and strategic planning advice. Funded in part through
a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the University of Georgia. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities
will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Drew Tonsmeire, KSU SBDC director, by mail at Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road #3303,
Kennesaw, GA 30144 or by phone at 470-578-6450.
- In our most annual recent survey, SBDC clients created 2,960 new jobs and saved 1,883
- Over the last five years, clients of the Georgia SBDC Brought in $7.9 billion in sales.
- Our clients are mostly established business owners with more than five employees and
over $500,000 in annual revenue.