Find your Path2Coles!
Override Policies for the Coles College Registration Process
Did you hear?
You may not need a prerequisite override! We’re improving our registration process at the Coles College of Business. Prerequisite Overrides are no longer needed for the courses listed here if you meet the criteria.
The following changes will take effect immediately:
Prerequisite Overrides are no longer needed for the courses listed here.
When do you need a Special Override Request?
- If you have a course substitution for a prerequisite course
- If you need permission to enroll in a 4000-level course, see a Coles Advisor to see if you are eligible.
The Online Special Override Request System opens 2 weeks prior to registration each semester.
Re-enrollment Overrides: No More than 3
Certain courses are now restricted to 3 attempts. Any course with a posted grade is counted as an attempt (including W & WF) even if transferred from another institution.
- For the 3rd attempt, you must see a Coles College Advisor to get approval for a re-enrollment override. Go to ColesAdvising.com to make an appointment. To better serve you, walk-in sessions are not available for re-enrollment discussions.
For more details visit: ColesCollege.com/uppolicy.
When will the Online Prerequisite Request System be open?
If you have a 3.0 grade point average or higher in both of the following sets of courses:
- Sophomore GPA Requirement courses completed thus far
- Prerequisite courses for the course in which you wish to register
Questions? See a Coles College Advisor as early as possible.
Walk-ins and appointments are available. Visit us at ColesAdvising.com to schedule your appointment.
Are you a Non-Business Major?
The Coles College Partner (CCP) Program allows non-business students in select major, minor, and certificate programs to enroll in upper-division (3000 and 4000 level) required and elective Coles College courses, for which they have satisfied the prerequisites.
Click here to see the courses for which you can register without a prerequisite override, organized by majors/minors in the Coles College Partner Program.
If your situation is listed below, click here to submit a Special Override Request:
- Your desired 3000 or 4000 level business course is not included in the CCP Program List, but you are enrolled in a CCP degree-related program.
- You are in a CCP certificate program.*
- Your program is not in the CCP Program List, but you would to take a 3000 or 4000 level Coles College course.
* Students do not formally declare intentions of completing certificate programs and, therefore cannot be tagged in the system to enable automated registration for upper level business courses.
** Due to accreditation standards, there is a limit on the number of business courses non-business students can take. Preference will be given to students, business and non-business, who need a course for their degree requirements. Please note, you must also satisfy the course prerequisites.
See a Coles College Advisor as early as possible.ColesAdvising.com
Located on the 4th floor of the Burruss Building, Suite BB 431